Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Invading someone space is not as easy as it may seem

So, i decided to to invade someone space for my experiment. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake, but boy was i wrong! So, i decided to do it at the library. I went thier to do some studying and i saw a middle age women sitting at a table, so i thought that would be the perfect oppertunity. I finally got enough courage in myself to stand up and walk over there. I kind of pulled the chair close to her, sat down, opened my books and just looked at her. Her facial expressions were nothing like i had expected. She looked very puzzled and wierded out. You can tell she was trying to scoot her chair without making it noticable. Everytime she moved so did i. After about Five minutes she got up and moved. The women let out a big sigh before she walked out. I felt good that i invaded someones space but kind of rude.

1 comment:

  1. Haha... way to go! I think it's interesting that this was a middle aged woman. We have different expectations about space when it comes to age (older versus younger). It tends to be more acceptable (even though still uncomfortable) to invade a younger person's space, but not older.

    ReplyDelete