Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Display rules

When i was little my parents raised me in a very different way. Not saying it was bad but it did have an impact on me today. When they were really upset or mad at me they would give me the silent treatment, and i HATED IT! Sometimes they would be very silent and not say much and that would usually throw a lot of people off. When my parents get sad or extremely disappointed they start to yell. It’s a little scary or intimidating actually, but i think they do it so we won’t do that whatever we did, again. It gets confusing on how to react to their reaction.
            Growing up in that sort of environment made me become stronger woman. But in different aspects it hurt my relationships in a daily environment. Most normal people don't yell when there sad they break down and cry or just keep to themselves. So some people accuse me of being a bitch because i yell a lot because i care too much about everyone! My boyfriend and close friends understand that’s how I was raised and that I am trying to change my way of dealing with my emotions but it will take a while it’s not something I can do overnight. Sometimes I get in additional arguments because of my yelling. I yell because I care but people take it like I’m mad or pissed off about that certain subject when I know I’m just hurt. So having certain rules growing up has some beneficial qualities about it but also some huge downfalls as well.  

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. Sounds like the display rules that you grew up with were different from the societal standards as well.

    ReplyDelete